Home > Art
Park West Gallery's mission has always been to make art collecting an exciting, affordable, and fun experience -Over the last 43 years, that has proven true for more than 1.3 million clients in over 60 countries and helped Park West develop an art enterprise representing more than 100 artists that features artworks spanning over seven centuries. They are an art gallery like no other, and they're proud to partner with The Henry. The result is the best of both worlds: an award winning Boutique Arts hotel – the 2011 Marriott Autograph Hotel of the year – that houses one of the finest art collections in the world. With 11 floors of artwork featuring over 400 original and limited edition works of art from nearly 70 artists and some prices as low as just a few hundred dollars, it's easy to see why guests not only love staying here, but love taking part of the experience home with them. Come stay at The Henry, and you can too! At The Henry, Park West continues the tradition of making art-buying more of a collecting experience and incorporates even new ways to bring the arts alive. The on-site art gallery, open 5 days a week, is located between the ballrooms on the ground floor. It is staffed by professionals waiting to help create a personal experience you won't soon forget. Join them on Saturdays for an Art Tour of the ground level, or ask the staff to share their knowledge during a personal, customized viewing of the artworks on any of the 11 floors! Call for information about our upcoming Art Seminars and Trivia Nights, and stop into Tria, the hotel's chic restaurant and bar, to ask for your complimentary Park West coaster. If you don't feel like leaving your bedroom, enjoy the exclusive artworks hung right in your own room – works not just selected but created specifically for The Henry by world-renown Detroit-area artists. Or tune in to Channel 6 on your TV for exciting videos featuring popular artists and insights into their artwork. Also, be sure to check out the other in-room brochures on Park West Gallery for more information about their history and amazing artists, and feel free to take home your bookmark located in your bedroom Book of Attractions. Finally, before you depart for home, make it a point to stop in the gallery to ask for your free artwork. That's right! Just for visiting the gallery, you're entitled to your choice of select small, unframed seriolithographs to take home today, absolutely free! If you are interested in collecting a work of art from your bedroom (or anything else you see), ask about our Park West Collector's Card. Not only does it make collecting easier on your budget, but you'll also qualify for a free large seriolithograph just for applying! While you're talking to our staff, ask how we can support your favorite charity – we have generous donation packages for any fund-raising events hosted at The Henry! No matter how you choose to enjoy the arts at The Henry, Park West wants to be a part of it! The more you learn, the more you love. Join us to see how we can make your time here an experience you'll want to collect again and again!
Facts about the Art Collection at The Henry
- Park West has been active in the hotel since the opening as The Henry in 2010
- The gallery is located between the ballrooms on the ground floor & open 5 days a week. Hours are based on activities within the hotel so as to best accommodate guests.
- There are over 400 original and limited edition works of art displayed throughout the 11 floors of the hotel, in addition to the limited editions created specifically for the bedrooms; over 250 works of art can be found on the ground floor alone. Art Guides are available at all times at the front desk and outside our gallery.
- Floors 2 through 11 feature artist "mini-collections" showcasing 10-20 works of art per artist.
- Artworks in the bedrooms are exclusive limited editions interpreted from unique works of art. The 3 artists represented, Dominic Pangborn, Tim Yanke, and Marcus Glenn, are all hand-signed and only available at The Henry.
- The work of art behind the front desk is a custom-designed painting created by Tim Yanke. It is the largest work he has ever created and is the "signature" artwork at The Henry.
- The art displayed at The Henry is a small fraction of Park West's collection. Guests can view more by visiting the Park West website (www.parkwestgallery.com) or speaking with our on-site staff.
- Aside the signature artwork behind the front desk, all artwork is available for sale. Everything is exclusively priced for guests of The Henry (even those not staying overnight). Clients can get a work on their wall for as little as a few hundred dollars or spend as much as they want. All prices shown include the client's choice of custom framing as well as shipping, Certificate of Authenticity, and an appraisal. Financing is available.
Ways Guests can Immerse Themselves in the Arts at The Henry
- Visit our on-site art gallery, open 5 days a week, and take home a free work of art
- Take an art tour of the ground floor (Saturdays) or schedule a private personal viewing of any floor.
- Take a self-guided tour of the ground floor: Art Guides are available at the front desk or outside the gallery
- Read about Park West: Brochures are available at the front desk, outside our gallery, and in the bedrooms
- Watch videos about popular artists on Channel 6.
- Take home Park West memorabilia – bookmark from the bedroom Book of Attractions, coaster from Tria, brochures, Art Guides, or any of our 400+ works of art available for sale!
- Host a charity event at The Henry. We have generous donation packages, including free art and cash donations, for any charity event taking place on premises
- Participate in Seminars and Trivia nights (times and dates TBA)
Brief Park West History
Mission -Park West Gallery's mission is to create an educational, entertaining, and welcoming environment that ignites a passion for the arts and creates a collecting experience like no other company in the world. Park West Gallery supports a myriad of artistic talent, engages the widest array of audiences, and advocates genuine artistry while maintaining only the highest of professional standards.
- Park West is a privately held company owned by Mr. & Mrs. Albert Scaglione.
- Park West has been in business for over 43 years and has helped over 1.3 million clients in over 60 countries, making us one of the largest privately owned art dealers in the world.
- Unlike traditional galleries, Park West provides a complete experience-based program that includes auctions, seminars, artist-sailings, and social events.
- Park West represents over 100 artists from around the world. In most cases, we acquire our artwork directly from our artists or their estate, giving our clients the best provenance available. We sell only the finest unique works and original graphic works. We do not sell posters or "copies" of famous works created by unknown artists.
- Park West hosts live, public art auctions on board more than 50 cruise ships all over the world. Guests can currently attend auctions on Carnival, Norwegian, Holland America and Regent Cruise Lines.
- We also host live auctions for our collectors at The Henry and other fine hotels and resorts around the nation.
- Our 63,000 sq ft headquarters is in Southfield, MI, approximately 15 miles north of The Henry; roughly 35,000 sq ft of that space is exhibition space with rotating collections of hundreds of works of art.
- Besides our main gallery in Southfield, The Henry is our only other current brick and mortar exhibition space. We also have a 160,000 sq ft facility in Miami, FL, which houses our massive in-house framing operation and acts as a logistical center for all our cruise & land auction operations.
Partial List of PW Awards & Accolades
- Cameo in the film "The Giant Mechanical Man" (2012)
- Selected as Michigan judge for the American Art Awards (2009-12)
- Detroit's "Best Art Gallery" in WDIV Channel 4 contest (2008, 2010-11)
- "Most Valuable Blogger" in CBS Detroit contest (2011)
- "The Official Best Art Gallery in Michigan" by Official Best Of travel program (2011)
- "Best of Southfield" in Retail Establishment Property Operation by U.S. Commerce Association (2008-2011)
- L. Brooks Patterson's "18th Annual Quality People, Quality County (Q2)" award to Albert Scaglione (2010)
- Declaration of "Park West Gallery Day" by Mayor Brenda Lawrence of Southfield, MI (June 15, 2009)
- "Best Art Auction Program" Reader's Choice award in Porthole Cruise Magazine contest (2008)
- Central Michigan University's Honorary Doctorate of Commercial Science awarded to Albert Scaglione (2008)
- The Detroit News, The Detroit Free Press, The Oakland Press, Southfield Sun, Oakland Business Review, Metromode, NWA World Traveler, Art World News, Chicago Art Magazine, Fine Art Magazine, The Michigan Chronicle, The Michigan Citizen, DBusiness, South Oakland Eccentric, St. Petersburg Times, The News-Review of Oregon, MSNBC.com, Lansing State Journal, Centralight Magazine, The Jewish News, Porthole Magazine
- "Made in Michigan" (WWJ Newsradio 950), Cruise Radio, Paul W. Smith Show (WJR 760), Michael Patrick Shiels Show (WJIM 1240), "Sunday Edition" (104.3 WOMC), KQEN Newsradio 1240
- "Discover the D" (Detroit Public Television), KPIC CBS News Channel 4 (Winston, Oregon), KMTR-TV NewsSource 16 (Oregon), "Cruise Inc. Big Money on the High Seas" (CNBC)